Elevate your dessert game with this keto-friendly pumpkin affogato recipe. You’ll even have extra pumpkin ice cream left over for a delicious and healthy fall treat!
Blueberries: Our Favorite Super Fruit
This article has been written by experts and fact-checked by experts, including licensed nutritionists, dietitians or medical professionals. The information in the article is based on scientific studies and research.
It is designed to be honest, unbiased and objective, and opinions from both sides of an argument are presented wherever there is disagreement.
The scientific references in this article (marked by 1, 2, 3, etc.) are clickable links to peer-reviewed research material on the subject being discussed.
What’s Special about Blueberries?
Blueberries are the bite-sized fruit we all love - they’re refreshing and sweet, you can add them to your favorite dishes, and best of all, they’re packed with tons of health benefits you may not have even known about! Coming into the spring of 2021, we wanted something fun and refreshing to get us out of the gloom of the pandemic. With its added benefits, no wonder we were craving Blueberry Latte!
Top 5 Benefits of Blueberries:
- Blueberries are low in calories, but are very nutrient dense. They are high in fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and manganese. One cup of blueberries has only 84 calories!
- Blueberries are believed to have one of the highest antioxidant levels of all vegetables and fruits. Antioxidants are important for protecting your body from free radicals, which cause cell damage.
- Because of their antioxidant properties, blueberries also help support brain function and memory!
- Blueberries may aid in muscle recovery after strenuous exercise by alleviating inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Because of their high fiber content, blueberries improve digestion and increase satiety. They also aid blood sugar control due to their bioactive compounds.
How To Enjoy Them:
Blueberries are a very versatile fruit! Fresh, frozen, and enjoyed as a flavoring, they add deliciously sweet and refreshing flavor to any dish, along with their aforementioned health benefits. Here are some ways you can incorporate these powerhouse berries into your diet:
- Add a handful of frozen berries to your morning smoothie. They’ll give a gorgeous purple color, along with sweetness! Frozen berries are also a smart purchase because they’re preserved at peak ripeness, and they stay fresh in your freezer for so long! Need recipe inspo? Check out this incredible French Vanilla + Berries smoothie recipe from Chef Dan.
- Blueberry pancakes and muffins are a classic for a reason! Tossing some fresh blueberries into your batter adds bursts of flavor. But skip the unhealthy sugar-laden options from the grocery store! Find a recipe with all-natural, unrefined ingredients for a healthier breakfast. Or try our favorite Kodiak Cakes for some protein-packed goodness!
- Try Blueberry Latte Super Coffee for a refreshing caffeine fix. It tastes like blueberry muffins, and is packed with added protein, MCT oil, and monk fruit.
- Satisfy your dessert + snack cravings with a handful of blueberries - they have natural sweetness and are low in calories, so they’re guilt-free! Sprinkle some on top of a parfait made with organic, grass-fed greek yogurt and sugar-free granola for a healthy treat.
You’ll never think of blueberries the same way - they’re more than just a staple in your fridge! With all their dietary and health benefits, blueberries truly are a SUPER fruit.
Try Blueberry Latte today and see what all the hype is about.Shop Now