With gooey & decadent black chocolate drizzle and a thick layer of creamy French Vanilla, just one sip of this iced latte will transport you to the campfire.
Coconut Mocha Espresso Muffins
This article has been written by experts and fact-checked by experts, including licensed nutritionists, dietitians or medical professionals. The information in the article is based on scientific studies and research.
It is designed to be honest, unbiased and objective, and opinions from both sides of an argument are presented wherever there is disagreement.
The scientific references in this article (marked by 1, 2, 3, etc.) are clickable links to peer-reviewed research material on the subject being discussed.
Rich mocha flavor doesn’t have to be reserved for sugar-filled treats. Satisfy your chocolate cravings while feeling good about what you’re putting in your body with this healthy muffin recipe from Chef Dan Churchill! We always love Dan’s recipes because he’s an expert at concocting delicious treats with good-for-you ingredients. You shouldn’t have to compromise feeling good for great taste!
This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, and can be made vegan by swapping an egg substitute!
Coconut Mocha Espresso Muffins
Try this muffin recipe from Chef Dan that’s not only good for you, but is also full of decadent mocha and espresso flavor! Prefer just mocha? You can easily swap in our Coconut Mocha Creamer for the coffee for an extra creamy boost. (Makes 12 standard size muffins)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TB fresh strong-brewed Dark Roast Super Grounds or espresso
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat (or gluten-free all-purpose) flour OR 1 cup finely-ground blanched almond meal and ½ cup oat flour or buckwheat flour OR 1 ½ cups 1:1 gluten-free flour blend
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Dark Roast or Mocha Super Grounds, ground to a fine powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup Coconut Mocha Super Coffee OR Coconut Mocha Super Creamer
Optional, for topping
- Dark chocolate shavings or cacao nibs
- Coconut yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a muffin tin with baking spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs, strong brewed coffee or espresso, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, combine whole wheat flour (or GF swap), cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, Super Grounds, and salt.
- Into the large bowl, add half of your dry flour mixture to the large bowl with your wet ingredients, followed by half of the Coconut Mocha Super Coffee or Creamer, then the remaining flour and finally the remaining Coconut Mocha Super Coffee or Creamer, stirring well after each addition.
- Fill muffin tin until each well is ⅔ full and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and muffins are risen. Set aside to fully cool, then add toppings as desired.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Ready to try this recipe? Get your Coconut Mocha here.Shop Now